Chronic diseases and microbial infections are increasing threats to human health. There are numerous natural compounds that can contribute to controlling acute infections caused by bacteria and fungi. Also, these bioactive molecules can prevent several disorders like hypertension, diabetes, and hypercholesterolemia.
Some species with antibiotic resistance that have been reported as susceptible to honey compounds are Staphylococcus aureus, Escherichia coli, and Mycobacterium tuberculosis. In a similar way, honey is a natural source of antioxidant compounds that promotes several aspects of human health like blood pressure stabilization and control of reactive oxygen species, in synergy with other compounds present in honey; antioxidants can kill opportunistic pathogens that could proliferate in diverse tissues and organs.
However, the current studies of honey have been focused on one bee species, Apis mellifera; this social insect is the predominant producer of honey around the world, and it is used as a pollinator of several crops. In contrast to this predominance, the study of native bees, like stingless bees Melipona Xunan Kab (beecheii) or Melipona Pisil Nejmek (Scaptotrigona) bee species, remains poorly explored.
The initial reports have documented the potential of these honey Melipona Xunan Kab (beecheii) or Melipona Pisil Nejmek (Scaptotrigona) bee species in the treatment of burn injuries, diabetic complications, and cataracts. Also, this honey is highly effective in the control of several bacterial and fungal infections recalcitrant to available antibiotics.
All of these results make this organic product very demanded in many nations around the globe. The purpose of this site is to describe the ancient uses of Melipona beecheii or Melipona Pisil Nejmek (Scaptotrigona) honey in the Mayan culture before the arrival of Spanish conquerors, the present state of the Melipona cultures in the inhabitants of Yucatan Peninsula, the physical, chemical and nutraceutical properties of this valuable product, relevant aspects of the quality control and the more exciting discoveries about the medicinal properties of Melipona Honey for the eyes, is another discovery that has generated well-being for people who have seen results in a short time, generating good health for the eyes.
Many people think that Melipona Honey is only used as a tasty sugar substitute or to add flavor to food, but also has numerous health, skin and beauty benefits, such as weight loss, diabetes, burns, allergies, respiratory problems.
But without a doubt is the benefits that Melipona honey in eye health, helps improve eyesight and clear some problems related to the eyes such as cataracts, glaucoma, trachoma, red or pink eyes? Surprising? It's not like that?
There are many studies that show that Melipona honey acts as a super tonic to improve vision and reduce inflammation or redness or irritation of the eyes. Wondering how to use honey to treat your eye problems and maintain healthy eyes? Then take a look at this article that explains how honey helps the eyes.
13 Benefits of Melipona honey for the eyes that will change the way you see it
These are some of the best ways to use Melipona honey to eliminate eye related problems. Scroll down and follow the honey methods mentioned below to get your benefits and maintain a healthy view.
1.- Treat eye ailments
- Honey exhibits soothing,
- antibacterial, antimicrobial, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties
- that help treat various eye ailments such as ulcerative blepharitis, blepharo-conjunctivitis, corneal ulcers of inflammatory and traumatic origin.
- To treat the penumbra of the cornea and
- Regular monitoring will give the best results when
2.- Tired eyes
- Increasing the use of computers and spending long hours in front of the TV or other electronic devices will make your eyes feel tired, itchy or exhausted.
- If you are one of those people with tense eyes, use Melipona honey as your best remedy to get rid of
- Simply distribute pure Melipona honey over all closed eyelids and relax with soft music.
- Leave for 30 minutes and rinse the eyelids applied with honey with cold water. Repeat it regularly to feel refreshed.
3.- Dry eyes
are a common eye disorder that makes the eye unable to supply the necessary amount of tears that are essential for lubrication.
- The patient will face a variety of symptoms such as itching, pain, redness of the eye, foreign body sensation or sand in the eye and blurred vision.
- You can get rid of this condition with the help of honey and all you need is to prepare an eye wash by mixing some pure Melipona honey and warm water.
- Use it to wash your eye area well at night before bedtime.
- Continue this wash every alternate night until you see an improvement in your condition.
4.- Macular degeneration
- Macular degeneration
- is an age-related eye disorder caused by deterioration of the central portion of the retina and therefore causes blurred vision or loss of vision.
- This is a more common eye problem experienced by people with an advanced age, since sight becomes weaker and weaker.
- Do not worry, we can easily avoid this problem with the help of Melipona honey.
- Melipona Honey has a rich source of antioxidants that help keep the eye muscles safe and healthy.
- So, if you cross 40 years, make sure you have good eyesight with regular use of pure Melipona honey.
5.- Treat glaucoma
- This accumulation will increase the intraocular pressure in the eye and therefore leads to permanent damage to the optic nerves.
- In early stages, glaucoma has no symptoms but causes permanent vision loss or blindness.
- Most studies have claimed that regular use of pure Melipona honey as eye drops will help reduce the chance of this eye disorder occurring by 50% and remain healthy.
Melipona honey. Without a doubt, the information contained in this book would contribute to promote the conservation of stingless bee species and to encourage the fair trade of the honey produced by these species.
6.- Safe vision
- Melipona Honey
- is an effective remedy that helps protect your vision.
- It has a rich content of antimicrobial, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties along with a great source of several essential vitamins and minerals that help keep your eyes healthy and your vision.
- In general, zinc is essential for the proper functioning of the optic nerves in the eyes and Melipona honey has an adequate amount of zinc.
- Therefore, use pure Melipona honey eye drops regularly to grab this mineral and protect your vision.
7.- Red eyes or conjunctivitis
- It is highly contagious that affects everyone, especially children. There is bacterial, viral and allergic pink conjunctivitis.
- Being rich in antibacterial, antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory, pure Melipona honey acts as the best remedy for the treatment of pink eye.
- It clears the microbial action, improves your immune system and relieves the eyes to eliminate itching, irritation and pain.
- Simply pour 1-2 drops of pure Melipona honey into the affected eye (or) consume honey as part of your daily diet (or) apply honey around the affected eye area to eliminate the infection.
8.- Fights wrinkles in the eyes
- Most of us fear the signs of aging that make us look old without being old.
- Not only age but also genetics, smoking, prolonged exposure to the sun's harmful UV rays, nutritional deficiencies, poor facial skin care, etc. They will cause
- Melipona Honey helps you deal with these wrinkles and fine lines around the eyes.
- All you need is to apply some pure Melipona honey on the closed eyes and rinse with warm water after 15 minutes. Or mix honey with aloe vera gel (or) papaya puree (or) consume honey regularly to eliminate eye wrinkles.
9.- Sore or swollen eyes
- Staying all night will make you suffer from pain or
- Melipona Honey works as an excellent remedy to treat mild swelling, flaccid and flaccid skin.
- Simply apply pure Melipona honey on the affected areas of the eye for a few minutes (or) consume it regularly to clear these swollen eyes or pain.
10.- Eye infections
- Have you ever heard that Melipona honey is used for
- All types of eye infections caused by bacteria, fungi, viruses or other microorganisms can be cured with honey.
- Melipona Honey has antibacterial, antiviral, antimicrobial and antiseptic properties that help cure eye infections.
- Simply mix equal amounts of pure honey and boiling water in a small bowl and apply it on the affected eye using a clean cotton ball.
- Repeat the same process every day until you get relief from these eye infections.
The contact lens infection that can steal your sight.
11.- Acts as a nervous optic tonic
- Pure Melipona Honey helps a lot to increase the production of nitric oxide, which is essential for the proper flow of blood to the
- Therefore, since ancient times, it has been used as a tonic of the optic nerve.
- Therefore, he begins to make a habit of using pure Melipona honey to ensure a better vision all the time without eye ailments.
12.- Treat dark eye circles
- Stress, lack of sleep, nutritional deficiencies, certain health problems and medications, etc. will lead to dark circles.
- Melipona Honey with its anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antioxidant and moisturizing properties will help clear these
- Spread a thin layer of pure Melipona honey on the dark circles and gently massage for a few minutes (or) mix honey with almond oil or lemon juice or raw milk or potato paste and apply it on the affected areas (or) consume honey regularly .
13.- Clarify the color of the eyes
- Pure Melipona Honey lightens the color of your eyes naturally but not instantly.
- All you need is pure honey and pure water to lighten the color of your eyes.
- Mix 1 drop of pure honey in 5 drops of warm water and mix well.
- Also, mix Melipona honey and warm water in proportions of 1: 5 and store this solution in a clean bottle.
- Pour 3 drops of this mixture every morning and night to slowly clear your eyes.
- You can store this solution in a cool, dark place for regular use.
How to use honey for eyes
We can use Melipona honey for both internal consumption and external application. The only thing we should not do is how to apply this honey externally to eliminate these eye problems and maintain healthy eyes.
Here are some ways that help you use pure Melipona honey externally to keep it safe and healthy.
Method - 1: (Eye wash)
- This is one of the most widely used methods that work well in eliminating eye problems.
- Mix equal amounts (1 teaspoon) of pure Melipona honey and warm water and mix well until the honey dissolves in this water.
- Let it cool and use it as your eye wash regularly.
Method - 2: (Eye drops)
- Always use fresh pure Melipona honey for eye drops.
- In certain cases, people may experience an itchy sensation immediately after applying these drops for honey, but do not worry, as it will gradually cool.
Method - 3: (Eye Mask)
- Topical application of pure Melipona honey as an eye mask on the affected eye will produce a calming and relaxing effect.
- Here are some ways to use the Melipona honey mask to get rid of eye problems.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of pure honey with 2 - 3 drops of lemon juice and a little egg white.
- Stir well and apply it under the eyes like a mask. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes and rinse with water.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of honey in 1 tablespoon of vitamin E gel and store it in a small bowl. Use it as an eye mask regularly three times a week to take advantage of its benefits and get rid of eye disorders.
Putting in Eye Drops. Tilt your head back slightly and look up. Use one hand to pull your lower eyelid down, away from the eye. Hold the dropper tip directly over the eyelid pocket. Squeeze the bottle gently and let the eye drop fall into the pocket.
The information provided for this product is for educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We recommend that you consult with your physician or qualified healthcare practitioner before making any significant change in your diet. This site assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.